Photochimps.com

Go Back   Photochimps.com the Photo Site for Photographers of All Skill Levels > Photography Discussions > The Business of Photography
Home FAQ's of PC Forums Gallery Contests Register Members List

The Business of Photography Any thing that has to do with the business of Photography.

Old 11-25-2009, 11:58 AM

Default Price Discounts?

So I now have my prints mounted and bagged, and I will be putting them out to sell tomorrow. They are a 7.875x5.25in sitting in a 8x10 mount, ready for any pre-fab or custom frame. I was thinking of charging 12 each, 3 for 30, and 4 for 40? I think that it may cause people to buy a more then one if then can see that they will get a deal for buying more. Any input will help, thanks in advance--

Old 11-25-2009, 02:43 PM

I'm no sales expert but I see no reason why this shouldn't help. One thing though. You list 3 for 30 Euros and 4 for 40. That doesn't follow your decreasing scale as the price for each is the same. I would offer a price for 2 and stop at 3 for 30 Euros, if the customer wishes to buy more you can work a deal.

Dont forget you need to keep value in your work too.

Just my rambling two cents.

Paul
Old 11-25-2009, 06:02 PM
Administrator

I agree with Paul. I also think that this is a good time of year for this as people can buy 3 prints, one each for different family members and have easy Christmas gifts. Maybe offering wrapping wouldn't hurt, too? Though that depends on skill (I'd never offer to do it as I don't wrap very well).

www.ewfisher.com
Old 11-26-2009, 10:12 AM

Thanks Paul and Bethe,
I know that it does not work with the math I have worked. I am still trying to fine tune everything. the one problem that I am facing is that I am not selling the prints my self. I am giving them to a few friends around the country, who will be working as an agent. Wrapping is a great idea, but as I am not there to do it presents a problem. Although I think I could wrap a few here, and label them so you can pck the image you like buy a pre-wrapped one...