Photochimps.com

Go Back   Photochimps.com the Photo Site for Photographers of All Skill Levels > Photography Discussions > The Business of Photography
Home FAQ's of PC Forums Gallery Contests Register Members List

The Business of Photography Any thing that has to do with the business of Photography.

Old 09-29-2009, 01:03 PM

So as of yesterday, I have become jobless. Winter has landed, and all the tourist have vanished to somewhere that is not here. To keep my mind busy and a bit of money in my pocket. I decided to put up a few posters and an add or two in the papers, about a photography class. And I have had a very good response, so its going ahead. I know that this thread is about a one day class. But my class is a 10 week course. Every Wednesday, starting on the 7th of Oct, from 6:30-8:30pm, at a very reasonable cost of €125. I decided to make it cheap enough in the thought that it would draw more people in, and it seemed to work. Anyway here is what I am thinking about doing. I know that most of the classes will probably run into the next week, but I would like to have it all as self contained classes. So I am wondering if I have missed anything, or should change the order of things covered. Any input will be taken with great thanks...

Part 1: introduction, history, how a camera works, think before you shoot preparation (bag check list)
Part 2: handling a camera, different settings explained, focal length explained, shutter speeds, aperture, ISO
Part 3: exposure continued(-/+)bracketing, metering, depth of field, white balance,
Part 4: rules of composition, vertical/horizontal, tripod vs. hand held
Part 5: using the light, natural vs. artificial, different angles=different effects
Part 6: field trip, night photography
Part 7: subject matter, themes, developing ideas, series's
Part 8: presentation, printing, selling
Part 9: ?????
Part 10: open forum

The last class I was planning on having more of an open forum, then a class as such to get everyone's feed back as to what they learned.
Thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited by pathography; 09-29-2009 at 01:06 PM..