Photochimps.com

Go Back   Photochimps.com the Photo Site for Photographers of All Skill Levels > Photography Discussions > Film Photography
Home FAQ's of PC Forums Gallery Contests Members List

Old 10-03-2018, 04:49 AM

Default What's in my bag?

Oh boy that is really hard to say.

Well for starts I will always have my Nikon F100. It is always loaded with E-6. Then probably my second camera is the Nikon FM 2n loaded with Tri X or HP 5 may be the 4 sometimes.

However if I am in the mood the Pentax Me Super will replace the Nikon FM 2n.

Lens are basic 28 - 105 on the F100 and a very fast 50 on the others.

Lots of filters. ND, GND, Polar, Yellow, Green, Orange and Red.

No less than 6 rolls of film. Extra batteries and a SB 28.

That is pretty much what I call my fast deploy bag. Let's not forget tripod and cable release. I shoot a lot in the forest and even TRI X and fast lens are not enough.

Two bodies I love when I'm lazy and don't want to think, Nikon FA and Canon AE 1. Can you say going full auto baby.

Of course it all goes in a Domke Bag.

Last edited by Johndeere; 10-03-2018 at 04:43 PM..
Old 10-03-2018, 04:07 PM
"Ye ole' wise one" & Contributor

The Leica kit included 21, 35, 90, and 135 lenses, a few filters, a Weston Master II meter, lens hoods, a cable release, and a few rolls of film in a 8x7x5" Tamrac bag that weighs about 2 lbs. The M4 body with 50mm lens added another pound slung around my neck.

The Nikon kit included an old F with prism finder, 20, 35, 50, 105, and 200mm lenses, light meter, and film. The camera and one lens was carried outside, ready for use. The rest was packed into a hard Nikon case that weighed more than the little Tamrac bag.

The LF hard case usually included a flatbed B&J 5x7 with 4x5 back, maybe 3 lenses, light meter, several film holders, and small accessories. A Tiltall tripod served well for all three kits.

When a friend and I went on a 3 week photo safari to the Great American West, we carried the Leica kit, 5 Nikon and Nikkormat bodies with lenses from 20 t0 200mm, over a hundred rolls of 36 exposure film. and the usual accessories. A Pentax Spotmatic with a good Vivitar 400mm gave us a longer reach.
Old 10-03-2018, 04:54 PM

I will note that i do have a digital outfit too. But i wanted to stick to film for this section.

On my longest photography trip of the great west, a four week trip I went strong but light. I did the whole trip with a Nikon N80. I don't remember how many rolls of film but the cooler was packed tight with it.

I went with a strong line up of lens. My key lens was the 80-200 f/2.8 Nikon.

The Nikon N80 was light and it worked very well with all the walking and hiking I did to get the photos that I wanted. I carried everything else in a backpack. The only think I wished is that I would habe had a lighter tripod for the hiking. It added a lot of weight to the backpack.

It was a fun time. Today if I did the trip I would also include my digital slr.