Photochimps.com

Go Back   Photochimps.com the Photo Site for Photographers of All Skill Levels > Photography Discussions > Film Photography
Home FAQ's of PC Forums Gallery Contests Members List

Old 09-19-2018, 06:38 PM

Default Found film in my dad's camera

Just the other day I noticed a partial roll of pictures taken in my dad's camera. He passed away in October of 2015. I really don't know how long ago he actually took the photos.

I have mixed emotions of finishing the roll and sending them off to get developed. In one way I want to see what he took photos of. In another way if will open deep emotions again for me.

Since it may be old or possibly damage by improper storage I may send if to Dwaynes or The Darkroom to be developed.

Has anyone else had old found family film in a camera? Did it bring you joy or sadness. Did the film come out at all or was in ruined?
Old 09-20-2018, 02:13 AM
"Ye ole' wise one" & Contributor

When my father died in left a partly roll in the family folding Kodak in 1986. It's still there. I do have the negatives and some prints taken with it through many decades. Scanning them is one of those jobs hat I've shoved back for years.
Old 10-03-2018, 04:22 AM

I thought I would update. Well the photos did turn out. Right now I can only see the scans so I will have to wait for the actual photos to come in. There are several that look good, a little grainy but still good. The others have some problems with color and light leaks or something. I was able to date the film to 1996. So it is 22 years old.

Oh they were of my dad sitting in his chair holding his dog.