Photochimps.com

Go Back   Photochimps.com the Photo Site for Photographers of All Skill Levels > Photography Discussions > Gear/Equipment Discussion
Home FAQ's of PC Forums Gallery Contests Register Members List

Gear/Equipment Discussion Talk about all photography related gear.

Old 07-21-2014, 04:18 AM
Administrator

Default Went to a camera show today

I haven't been to one in a few years. I've gone to much bigger ones in MA. This one was smaller than that, but there was some good stuff. And I've been to a couple in OH that were about the same size. Someone starting out who was looking for film stuff would do well at one like it. I was being a little more picky so all I spent was $10 (plus $2 to get in).
What did I buy? A Polaroid 545 holder for type 55 film. Nope, it isn't still being made. But a kickstarter campaign went on to see if the new55 group could get sufficient funding and interest to work on getting their version up and running. The campaign worked and they have their money, though there's no guarantee they'll succeed. But I'm a backer and have hope they will. So I needed a holder that would work. The holder I had for type 55 is the older one that won't work for it.

www.ewfisher.com
Old 07-22-2014, 01:37 AM
"Ye ole' wise one" & Contributor

There were a few other bargains there, like good cable releases for $1.00. The cost of travelling to that show far exceeded the cost of what I bought. However, everything considered, the trip was worth every penny and much more.