Photochimps.com

Go Back   Photochimps.com the Photo Site for Photographers of All Skill Levels > Contests > Contest FAQ's & Help
Home FAQ's of PC Forums Gallery Contests Register Members List

Contest FAQ's & Help A place for questions & feedback about our contests.

Old 07-28-2007, 07:43 AM

Default How to Create an Album

How to Create an Album

Creating albums is easy at Photochimps, but you might be wondering why you might want or need them. Several reasons come to mind: Albums are a great way to organize your images. They give you the ability to control which images are viewable by the public and which ones remain private. Private albums are also useful for hosting images you want to post in the forums or other websites, but don't want appearing on the Gallery Home Page. Private albums are protected by passwords, so only you have access to your private albums. You can, however, share the password with family, friends and clients allowing them access to your private albums and photos.

The first step to creating an album is to go to the Gallery home page. On the left side, just above the Recent Photos section you'll see: My Photos - My Albums - My Favorites Click on My Albums.

On the screen that comes up, you'll see My Albums and underneath it: Create a New album

Clicking on Create a New Album will bring up this screen:

Give the album a name and add a description below. The third box lets you decide if the album will be public or private. When you are done, just click on the Create a New Album button at the bottom. The screen that comes up will display a list of your albums. In this example, I created a 'Contest Entries' album for uploading full size images to Photochimps' Monthly Contests.

Note: On the page that lists your albums, you will see in the Photos section, a thumbnail and the number of images displayed for each album. The Action section on the far right is where you can upload, delete, edit and sort your images. To locate the password to your private album, click on the Edit button in this section.

That's it. I hope this has been helpful. Any suggestions on how this description could be improved would be greatly appreciated! My apologies for the ugly graphics--I hadn't a clue what I was doing there.

Barbara
Old 07-29-2007, 05:54 PM
Supreme Commander

Send a message via AIM to Todd

Barbara (and Fred ), let me say publicly that you did a GREAT job on this!

Does this help any of you that had confussion on making an album?
My Flickr Page
www.http://www.flickr.com/photos/toddshaak/.com
------------------------------
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. -- Albert Einstein

The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. - - Norman Vincent Peale