Photochimps.com

Go Back   Photochimps.com the Photo Site for Photographers of All Skill Levels > Photography Discussions > Film Photography
Home FAQ's of PC Forums Gallery Contests Register Members List

Old 09-09-2018, 02:54 PM

Default My Nikon series almost complete

Well I thought this site needed at least one post in 2018. Lol oh if you ask how is my darkroom, well I have a cool bass boat powered by a 250 YAMAHA. I guess you could say fishing got in the way.

However my love or addiction to Nikon has remained. I just need the FM3a to complete me series. I picked up the hardest one to find a few months back, the FM2N/T.

I just love the FM and FE series. They are really fun cameras to use. Yes I actually shoot film with them on a regular basis. Some day I might even start to put the F series together.

I'm lucky as all of my Nikons are still operating at 100%. They all are equipped with winders. I tracked down every little part that goes with each camera. I learned how to service my fleet of aging bodies. I often buy spare bodies or winders on the real cheap for spare parts. However to be honest I have never had to make a major repair. Though I have learned how to get some of the non working bodies working again.

I plan on building up my lenses collection and maybe adding a few more flash units.

I'm still shooting mostly B&W along with slides. Lol that is another area that has been in the works, doing my own E6 processing.

As always I am also trying to come up with a reason to update my current Nikon digital body to. Like I really need a reason.

You know it is just fun to use these older film bodies. People ask if you get better results. I just say no but that they are a heck of a lot of fun to use. Old school? Maybe I am, or maybe I just love to blend things in life.

Anyways at least we have a new post for 2018
Old 09-11-2018, 12:08 AM
"Ye ole' wise one" & Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johndeere View Post
. . . You know it is just fun to use these older film bodies. People ask if you get better results. I just say no but that they are a heck of a lot of fun to use. Old school? Maybe I am, or maybe I just love to blend things in life.

Anyways at least we have a new post for 2018
Thanks for resurrecting this part of the site.
Perhaps those of us who have switched to a DSLR get images that look good enough when we compare them to our old film images. However, theory and the tests I've performed suggest that only top-of-the-line DSLRs might compete with 35mm in sharpness and in capturing some difficult lighting situations. My Nikon D5300 24mp DX format camera resolves at best about 50 LP/mm with sharp Nikkor lenses. Theory confirms this. Good film cameras can do better, and with full frame! It does take more careful camera handling with older cameras than with good DSLRs that can reduce some of the errors that manual operation causes. Then, when we compare large format with DSLRS, the little gadgets have a long road to catch up. DSLRs do make photography a lot more convenient.