Photochimps.com

Go Back   Photochimps.com the Photo Site for Photographers of All Skill Levels > The Critique section > Critique my Photograph(s)
Home FAQ's of PC Forums Gallery Contests Register Members List

Critique my Photograph(s) For those that need/want some discussion on their photograph(s).

Old 04-29-2012, 06:05 PM

Default Opportunity Knocked

Bumped into this little guy/gal with the front wheel of my mover when cutting grass yesterday. Scared us both. Twenty minutes later he was still in an uncut area of the yard so I went in the house and got my camera. Took the attached pic.

Wanted to get another angle so I got in front of him but face was covered by clover. Reached in and pulled some out and he didn't seem to mind. There was still a large clump on the left side so I reached in again and pulled it out. That he seemed to mind because he took off ... quick as a bunny.

Camera - Panasonic DMC-ZS7
Auto Exposure F3.3, 1/40 second
4.1mm; 35mm eqv = 24mm
Cropped and minor adjustments in Corel PSPP X3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-04-28 Yrd 01reduced.jpg (105.3 KB, 15 views)
Old 04-29-2012, 11:53 PM
Administrator

Awww, he's cute. I like this. I sorta wish I could see his mouth, but seeing his eye is great. The clover around him works well for me because it's all the same. There aren't any jarring objects to distract from the bunny. Nice find!.

www.ewfisher.com
Old 04-30-2012, 05:38 PM

Thanks. I was wanting to get his mouth too, and his nose. I tried, but went one step to far with him and he bolted.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:34 PM
"Ye ole' wise one" & Contributor

Nice exposure and framing with a rare opportunity. Occasionally rabbits behave like that, especially the young ones that haven't learned to be afraid, or so afraid they can't move. Also, certain noises seem to pique their interest and let someone approach them. Skunks can act fearless, but one doesn't want to get too close; they may change their minds in a hurry. Possums sometimes act too dumb to run.

Last edited by Jim Jones; 04-30-2012 at 09:37 PM..
Old 05-01-2012, 05:31 AM
Senior Member & Contributor

Smile

What a cute little guy. Maybe he'll come back. We have a resident bunny in the neighbourhood who appears every once in awhile from his/her home under somebody's garage. There don't seem to be any new family members either.