Photochimps.com

Go Back   Photochimps.com the Photo Site for Photographers of All Skill Levels > Photography Discussions > Tutorials/Articles/Reviews
Home FAQ's of PC Forums Gallery Contests Register Members List

Tutorials/Articles/Reviews Post a Tutorial/Article/Review of a Photographic item here.

Old 04-08-2009, 10:11 PM

Default Looking for Suggestons for Tutorials

One of Photochimps primary goals has been to be a place where folks can come to learn about and share information related to photography. I'd say that's something we're doing a good job of. Our members have always been generous in sharing their varied expertise with others when questions are asked. Tutorials are another way we can provide information on many subjects ranging from in-camera photographic techniques, post processing, studio lighting, gear maintenance etc, etc. I'm hoping we can start posting tutorials on a regular basis that will benefit our new and experienced members alike. This is where we need your help...

What tutorials would you like to see and benefit most from?
What tutorials would be good for: beginner photographers? our more experienced photographers?

We're always looking for folks willing to share their expertise in a more formal format. Do you enjoy answering members' questions and explaining how to do things? Would you be willing to write a tutorial on a subject you are knowledgeable about and enjoy telling others about? If so, we'd love to hear from you.

Fred and I will look at whatever topics are suggested and and write up those we feel we're competent to talk about. I'm hoping the other mods will have time to help as well. If there's a subject you're enthusiastic about, please consider adding to our tutorial 'library' and help other photographers at the same time.

Barbara
Old 04-09-2009, 12:36 AM

I just went through the forums and found a wealth of tutorials posted by some of our truly awesome members. Many thanks to: Jim Jones, Ned James, Valerij, Daredevil, c8h10n4o2, chaud, BillB, Mr Mohaupt, Mr Jalepeno, Matt and Santa. My apologies to any folks I might have missed.

In case you missed them the first time round, here is a listing: Tutorials Index
Old 04-09-2009, 01:17 AM
Supreme Commander

Send a message via AIM to Todd

GREAT post Barbara. I look forward to this thread
My Flickr Page
www.http://www.flickr.com/photos/toddshaak/.com
------------------------------
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. -- Albert Einstein

The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. - - Norman Vincent Peale
Old 04-09-2009, 06:27 AM

Send a message via AIM to Wade D Send a message via MSN to Wade D Send a message via Yahoo to Wade D

Name some subjects that need to be covered other than the ones listed. I would be happy to contribute what I know about. Not too keen on digital (yet) but if it involves film and printing then I might have a few tricks up my sleeve.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:49 PM
Senior Member & Donator

Send a message via AIM to BillB

Thanks Barbara, was looking through some of the ones you posted, but when I click on the "Intro to IR" I'm told I don't have permission to view it.

http://billbarberphoto.com

Old 04-09-2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillB View Post
Thanks Barbara, was looking through some of the ones you posted, but when I click on the "Intro to IR" I'm told I don't have permission to view it.

I just realized that tutorial is a draft and never was posted for some reason. When I tried copying it to the Tutorial Forum, all the image links were broken. I'll see what I can do and get posted with links working later today. Thanks for letting me know, Bill!

Edit: Fixed.

Barbara
Old 04-13-2009, 04:29 PM
Supreme Commander

The list was updated.

Again, thanks Barbara for the idea & post.
My Flickr Page
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. -- Albert Einstein

The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. - - Norman Vincent Peale
Old 04-13-2009, 10:26 PM
Senior Member & Contributor

Layers oh do I need help with Layers
Old 04-16-2009, 11:11 PM
Supreme Commander

One thing I really struggle on in PS is using curves. I CAN NOT get a foot hold on it. Therefore, I dont use it but know I DO need to use it.

If someone could come up with a Tutorial for that, that would be great.
My Flickr Page

Old 04-16-2009, 11:17 PM
Senior Member & Donator

Send a message via AIM to BillB

Check here

http://billbarberphoto.com