Photochimps.com

Go Back   Photochimps.com the Photo Site for Photographers of All Skill Levels > Photography Discussions > General Photography Discussions
Home FAQ's of PC Forums Gallery Contests Register Members List

Old 06-28-2015, 02:52 AM
"Ye ole' wise one" & Contributor

Default Death of Rondal Partridge

Another important link to the great photographers of America, Rondal Partridge, passed away this month at 92. He was the son of photographer (and character) Imogen Cunningham. In the 1930s he worked for Dorthea Lange and Ansel Adams, and went on to a long career in photography. Both his mother and paternal grandfather also lived into their 90s, with Imogen still a working photographer at that age. His death was reported yesterday on largeformatphotography.info, but his obituary http://www.latimes.com/local/obituar...627-story.html didn't appear until today.
Old 06-28-2015, 08:14 PM
Administrator

I remember reading about him, especially how he would include the power lines and other of mankind's encroachments onto the wilderness. I don't remember that I knew he was Imogen Cunningham's son. He sounds like he was a character, too.
Thanks for sharing this here, Jim. And I like the fact that he was still doing platinum prints.

What it's all about - "I don't want the money. I don't need the fame. I don't need the admiration. I'd like all of those things, but I don't need them," he once said. "Because what I get from photographing is learning. I have spent my life learning by looking through a lens."

www.ewfisher.com