Photochimps.com

Go Back   Photochimps.com the Photo Site for Photographers of All Skill Levels > Photography Discussions > General Photography Discussions
Home FAQ's of PC Forums Gallery Contests Register Members List

Old 03-24-2015, 08:48 PM
"Ye ole' wise one" & Contributor

Default Paul C. Buff

The founder of the company that makes some of the best electronic flash gear available, Paul Conrad Buff, passed away recently at the young age of 78 http://paulcbuff.com/about.php. The most expensive single piece of photo equipment I own is one of his larger flash units. It and a smaller unit have given not one bit of trouble in many years now. Many successful companies are headed by people with the ability to market whatever product the customer will buy, and to provide no more support than necessary to stay in business. With Paul a superior product came first, and customer service a close second. Let us hope the company will continue his tradition of excellence in product and service. Rest in peace, Paul.
Old 03-28-2015, 04:52 AM
Administrator

Wow, I didn't see this because I've been off-line while moving. I've got a couple of Alien Bees (his company) and they're great. All of their family of products work well together and have a good reputation for lasting.

www.ewfisher.com