Photochimps.com

Go Back   Photochimps.com the Photo Site for Photographers of All Skill Levels > Photography Discussions > Post-processing your photographs
Home FAQ's of PC Forums Gallery Contests Members List

Post-processing your photographs Questions/comments related to post-processing

Old 01-28-2010, 01:54 PM

Smile A sneak peak at Photoshop CS5

I found this video on the web. Some pretty cool stuff coming with CS5. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgKjs8ZjQNg

Barbara
Old 01-28-2010, 04:25 PM
Administrator

Looks cool, but it kinda looks like math geeks playing with what they can do. Moving windows on a building isn't something that I'd hope most photographers are looking for.

www.ewfisher.com
Old 01-29-2010, 04:19 AM

It isn't stuff I'm likely to use either, but the new and improved patch tool would be useful. I am impressed how far (easy it is to manipulate images) PS has gone in the few years I've been using it. I'm not sure it'll be enough to entice us to buy it when it comes out. CS4 does more than I'll ever need.

Barbara
Old 01-29-2010, 05:08 AM

All,
From what I understand Adobe is picky as far as supporting new camera raw files with legacy software. As the new cameras are brought to market CS4 will not support the files created by those cameras and you will end up having to purchase CS5 or use the camera manufacturers software to create a file your version of Photoshop will support. A woman in my camera club purchased a 50D when they first came out and quickly learned CS2 would not open the raw files. She ended up buying the current version of Photoshop. She did not wish to use the Canon software to create .tiff's so all blame cant be put on Adobe. I guess I'm just griping over additional unexpected costs.

I know I'm Mr. Killjoy - perhaps its coming up on the full moon!

Paul
Old 01-29-2010, 06:55 AM

I agree with all of you, RAWs will make us buy new PS versions. I use PS4 only for RAW conversions, otherwise PS3. Much faster.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:09 PM

Is there something wrong or at least less desirable about converting a copy to a tif file with the manufacturers software before working in PS? I do it like that. Although my version of PS is older, PS7, and so is my camera Nikon D200. I've found it useful to have more than one version of the digital file. Just in case your back up fails which has happened to me.

See my gallery here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gr8sublime/