Da Rules of Conduct for PC & the Forums.
"DA RULES"....PLEASE READ BEFORE PARTICIPATING
This forum was created because, believe it or not, we don't always want to talk about photography. :shock: we all have different interests and opinions and enjoy sharing them with other members. hence the forum name "OFF TOPIC". THIS APPLIES TO THE SUBJECT MATTER NOT YOUR BEHAVIOR IN THE FORUM.
Here are the rules/guidelines;
1) Treat other members with the same respect that you would treat your own mother with.
2) Remember, typed words can sometimes be misinterpreted or taken the wrong way. so before you overreact to a comment or opinion take that into consideration.
3) If you do have a problem/issue with a member or a post that another member makes, contact them first by PM or an email voicing the problem(politely). i believe most of the time this should remedy the problem and avoid future problems. if for some reason this does not work, please contact the moderaters of this forum and the problem will be addressed.
4) *TROLLS* (see definition below) will be dealt with quickly!! if you are coming here to "troll"...don't bother. having a heated debate is one thing, coming here to purposely start trouble is another.
5) Once again, "ANYTHING GOES/OFF TOPIC" APPLIES TO THE SUBJECT MATTER NOT YOUR BEHAVIOR. heated debates/subject matter will be left alone to run their course AS LONG AS THERE ARE NO PERSONAL ATTACKS.
6) Nudes. Nudes are ok, AS LONG AS - they are done tastefully (subject to the MODS discretion), NO CHILDREN, NO sexual or explicit photographs (again, subject to the MODS discretion). Please, think first before posting, if you have any questions first, please contact any MOD.
7) JUST remember, you can reach out to any of the mods by way of a PM; if they have any issues or concerns, need help, bounce ideas, or just want to vent.
There they are. pretty self-explanatory and simple to follow. like i said, treat other members like they were your own dear mother and we should have no problems.
* According to wikipedia trolling is defined as "a troll is a person who enters an established community such as an "online discussion forum" and intentionally tries to cause disruption, often in the form of posting messages that are inflammatory, insulting, incorrect, inaccurate, absurd, or off-topic, with the intent of provoking a reaction from others."
These rules were set from day one of Photochimps, They were right then and are right NOW. The credit of making many of these rules are from Red#25, one of the Mods from the beginning of PC.
My Flickr Page
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. -- Albert Einstein
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. - - Norman Vincent Peale