View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 04:23 PM

The Canon AE1 is weird. I bought a new battery and everything works. However the controls and operation is weird to a Nikon user. I know one thing that is really hard is moving the shutter speed when in Automatic. It is just not user friendly in try to both hold the meter setting and moving the shutter speed. It did take me awhile to figure out how to set the lens to automatic, easy once you know who to do it.

I will take a few days to get use to a new body then try some film out in the old girl. I do like the build of the body of course it is in the style of most cameras of the period.

I don't know if this is correct or not but I found you have to hold the shutter release 1/2 down for the meter to work and keep holding it. Once you let off the meter turns off. This is why it is not user friendly when trying to meter and move the shutter speed.

I have not figured a way to do it differently so either it is just awkward or mine is not working properly. I also find hold the body for any length of time is like holding a brick, just not as comfortable as I am use to.